Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeremias 53 posts 278 karma points
    May 04, 2016 @ 14:10
    Jeremias

Add own property-fields to grid settings

Hello all together,

I'm working with the grid in umbraco and I'm very enthusiastic about it. Now I have the question, if I can add an own property to the grid-settings (see the picture)? I want to add a drop-down list. enter image description here

• Marc Goodson 2138 posts 14321 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    May 04, 2016 @ 23:21
    Marc Goodson

Hi Jeremias

Have a look at this page in the documentation:

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/getting-started/backoffice/property-editors/built-in-property-editors/Grid-Layout/Settings-and-styles

Essentially if you switch to your Grid configuration settings in the Data Types section of Umbraco there is an 'Edit' button next to Settings.

Clicking this slides open a Settings panel, where you can add configuration for further setting options in a JSON format:

enter image description here

You can see in this screen grab, I've added a bit of Json for a property setting for 'Carousel Speed' (using the grid cells as a source for an Image Carousel), and I've made this a radio button list and provided some prevalues.

So when editors click the settings on a grid cell, these radiobutton options appear.

regards

Marc

May 06, 2016 @ 08:21
    Jeremias

Hi Marc,

thank you very much for your answer. I added it and it works pretty good! That's exactly that, what I need ☺

regards

Jeremias

• schlubadub 102 posts 617 karma points
    Jun 13, 2016 @ 04:10
    schlubadub

Is there a way to get a checkboxlist working there? I set it up basically the same as the radiobutton list, but it doesnt render (only the label & desc)

Jan 05, 2018 @ 07:50
    Jeremias

Hi schlubadub,

When I look at the link, Mark postet, there is no way to make a checkboxlist there. I would need a checkboxlist, too, but I solve it with different checkbox-lists!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft