Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fernanda Bernardes 27 posts 147 karma points
    May 05, 2016 @ 12:05
    Fernanda Bernardes

Partial Views with parameters

Hi, Folks !!!

I came back with another question ... I´m following a post published by Sebastiaan Janssen (https://umbraco.com/follow-us/blog-archive/2013/7/14/moving-from-webforms-to-mvc/) that is opening my mind how how to properly migrate my uses controls V4.

Anyway, this post it passes to the PartialView a parameter to feed the contact form selection list .. I adapted the codes shown for V7, as some command that he includes in the post have been modified by others ..

The original command would look like this: Html.RenderPartial ( "~ / Views / Partials / Contact.cshtml" new Site_UmbracoF.Models.ComunicarErroModel {TipoComunicado = tipoErro});

where Site_UmbracoF is the VS project name that contains the Umbraco .. Of course the Umbraco rejected the command ...

My structure is: - Controller: ComunicarErroController.cs - Model: ComunicarErroModel.cs - Views: ComunicarErro.cshtml (which in Umbraco is within Template) and ComunicarErroForm.cshtml

How can I pass this parameter to the PartialViews?

Greetings!

• Veronica Burd 76 posts 201 karma points
    May 05, 2016 @ 13:28
    Veronica Burd

Hi,

You could use ViewData:

@Html.RenderPartial("~/Views/Partials/Contact.cshtml", Model.Content, new ViewDataDictionary { { "PARAMNAME", new Site_UmbracoF.Models.ComunicarErroModel {TipoComunicado = tipoErro} } })

Then in the partial view

Site_UmbracoF.Models.ComunicarErroModel obj = ViewData["PARAMNAME"];

I don't think you need to have the full path to the partial file though, "Contact" may be enough.

Ver.

• Fernanda Bernardes 27 posts 147 karma points
    May 09, 2016 @ 13:37
    Fernanda Bernardes

Hi, Veronica!!

Thanks for you answer, by unfortunately I didn´t understand your solution. Could you explain me?

I follow others tutorial and occurred the same. My Umbraco´s version is 7.4.3.

enter image description here

enter image description here enter image description hereenter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft