Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jaco steketee 30 posts 187 karma points
    May 15, 2016 @ 12:54
    jaco steketee

Adding submenu in my navigation

I really hope someone can help me. Im trying to create a submenu.(i've used the snippet) But i cannot seem to get the descentants in de sub list of the menu. Can someone please tell me how i can do that.

Thanks, Jaco

@inherits Umbraco.Web.Macros.PartialViewMacroPage

@* This snippet displays a list of links of the pages immediately under the top-most page in the content tree. This is the home page for a standard website. It also highlights the current active page/section in the navigation with the css class "current". *@

@{ var selection = CurrentPage.Site().Children.Where("Visible"); }

@foreach (var item in selection) { if (item.Name == "Rondvaarten"){
    • @item.Name
    • } else {
    • @item.Name
    • } }
  • Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6446 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    May 15, 2016 @ 14:01
    Dennis Adolfi

Hi Jaco!

Look at this thread: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/77262-showing-parent-nodes-in-umbraco-snippet

Is'nt that kind of what you are looking for? A menu that Traverse the childrens children.

Best of luck, hope this helps!!

• jaco steketee 30 posts 187 karma points
    May 15, 2016 @ 15:22
    jaco steketee

Thank you very much Dennis. I solved it a little bit different. but this helped a lot understanding it.

@inherits Umbraco.Web.Macros.PartialViewMacroPage

@* This snippet displays a list of links of the pages immediately under the top-most page in the content tree. This is the home page for a standard website. It also highlights the current active page/section in the navigation with the css class "current". *@

@{ var homePage = CurrentPage.AncestorsOrSelf(1).First(); var menuItems = homePage.Children.Where("UmbracoNaviHide == false"); }

@foreach (var item in menuItems) {
    • @if (item.Name == "Rondvaarten") { @item.Name } else { @item.Name } @{var subMenuItems = item.Children.Where("UmbracoNaviHide == false");} @if (subMenuItems.Count() > 0) {
        @foreach (var sub in subMenuItems) {
      • @sub.Name
      • }
      }
    • }
  • Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6446 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    May 15, 2016 @ 16:17
    Dennis Adolfi

Awesome Jaco, looks good, great job!!! Have a great weekend!!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft