Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dipa 88 posts 370 karma points
    May 16, 2016 @ 04:48
    Dipa

production environment issue

Hello,

I have created one application and published it in azure web app. Its working proper. later on client gave one change, that was in surface controller. I have done it. Its working proper in local development environment. I could not publish whole application again I have published only that controller and related changes only. But its not working proper as it should.

Is that necessary to publish whole project? In development and production both environment. code of controller is same though not working as expected. Can any one guide if I am missing any thing or any thing else.

Please guide me. I got stuck, my application has stopped working. Not able to find issue. Is there any umbraco side change am I missing? Or any other issue?

Thanks, Dipa

• Michael 125 posts 409 karma points
    May 16, 2016 @ 08:30
    Michael

Hi,

I've had the same issue.

So seems that you uploaded dll with surface controller on prod env with FTP?

Try to restart web site from azure portal.

Thanks, Mike

• James 251 posts 1169 karma points
    May 16, 2016 @ 08:30
    James

Hello,

Did Visual Studio include some .dll changes in the bin? You will need to deploy your dll changes also.

Hope this helps.

• Dipa 88 posts 370 karma points
    May 16, 2016 @ 08:37
    Dipa

Hello,

I have only right click on controller name, select publish controller. code is updated in production env but not reflecting the changes in execution.

• James 251 posts 1169 karma points
    May 16, 2016 @ 08:49
    James

Hello Dipa,

You will need to build the solution and deploy the .dll changes.

If you are using visual studio, right click and hit 'build'. Then right click and hit 'publish'.

In the preview section, it will tell you which files have changed, deploy those :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft