Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stephen 94 posts 255 karma points
    May 26, 2016 @ 00:25
    Stephen

Hi Guys,

OK so I have a weird problem. My tags are being remembered wrong.

So I setup some tags using the naming convention:

Artist:whatever Venu:whatever etc

The problem is the client was a typical client and used a mix of Artist and artist, Venue and venue.

They were a good little client though, they went back through and changed all of the tags to the correct case. BUT the problem still remained. When pulling the tags out they are still lower case, which is a real problem for my code, and I really don't want to have to change just for some case issues.

I have tried trashing the cache, temp folder and umbraco.config file. Then doing a nice site rebuild. But that doesn't fix it. In fact the stuff in the umbraco.config file is correct anyway.

It would appear there is something stored in the database causing the problem. It's a Umbraco.sdf that I am using.

So how do I clear the incorrect stuff from the database?

Surely this is a bug that needs added to the Bug tracker?

I don't even know how to go about accessing a .sdf database. Certainly my Visual Studio and SQL Management software don't like it.

What can I do please guys, I need to get this fixed, and it is not really the clients fault.

Thanks

Stephen

May 26, 2016 @ 00:44
    Stephen

So for the mo I have coded around the problem ignoring case by switching from:

.contains(tag)

To:

.IndexOf(tag, StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase) >=0

But I don't like it, and I still think it's a bug (not my code above, but the actual problem). Let me know your thoughts those of you who know better than me (which there are plenty of :))

Thanks

Jun 01, 2016 @ 13:03
    Stephen

HI,

Anyone coming back to me to confirm if this is a bug or not?

Thanks

Stephen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft