Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hefin Jones 39 posts 161 karma points
    Jul 28, 2016 @ 12:51
    Hefin Jones

Content Editor - Handling Images

Hello :-)

Something I've always pondered over is handling images within Umbraco in the sense of giving editors the ability to add images to content / pages.

How do you guys handle this? I know there are various ways available from allowing editors to insert images into the RTE or setting up a Media picker property on the page so editors can choose images from the Media section and outputting in a specific area in the template.

But with responsive sites becoming so prominent I find it tricky to give editors flexibility when it comes to adding images to content whilst maintaining control of the image for a responsive site.

Just wondered if anyone has any tips / advice on what's the "best" way to give flexibility for the editor - without them messing the responsive elements of a site up?

Cheers :-)

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jul 28, 2016 @ 16:28
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Hefin,

The great way to handle responsive images with Umbraco is Slimsy - https://github.com/Jeavon/Slimsy

It's really great package with js and c# extentions and it's easy to insert images in the templates.

Thanks,

Alex

• Hefin Jones 39 posts 161 karma points
    Jul 29, 2016 @ 09:12
    Hefin Jones

Hi Alex,

Thanks for this, it is a great package. I've already been using this for responsive images. I was thinking more about the facilities developers give to the user?

Let's say an editor has a block of text, and wants to add two images into that block of text, how do developers handle this? Allow them to add into the RTE or provide pre-defined properties to select the images?

I've done a couple of sites where I give editors an RTE property to add text content, and then another Media Picker property to select one image - then I output the image in a specific place in the template (using Slimsy) - but I know this won't be enough for some editors and they will want more flexibility than this.

Cheers :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft