Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mostafa 17 posts 90 karma points
    Aug 10, 2016 @ 12:41
    mostafa

Umbraco Login and registeration partial views

Hello all ,

I'm working with Umbraco 7.4.3 to build a website and this site contains a user registrations and login module , and I have read that the umbraco contains a ready made partial view do that , and actually I have add both to my partial views , but I can't see any back end for the registered users and how to manage them approve user , delete , add new field to the registration form ..., also I want to know from the back-end who is logged in there to manage some report about the website, is these options available there is Umbraco 7.4.3 ? please if any body know how can I do that please send me or tell me about some URL may help in doing that

many thanks for you all

cheers

Mostafa

• Toppers 31 posts 155 karma points
    Aug 10, 2016 @ 12:54
    Toppers

Mostafa,

There are 2 distinct DB, from my understanding, one is the Dashboard user DB and the other is the client (your application) Db!

The Backend users can be view in the dashboard - the client side you will have to do your self!

• Micha Somers 134 posts 597 karma points
    Aug 11, 2016 @ 10:53
    Micha Somers

There are 2 distinct DB, from my understanding, one is the Dashboard user DB and the other is the client (your application) Db!

The Backend users can be view in the dashboard - the client side you will have to do your self!

Please note that storage in the DB is not necessarily something that needs to be done in a custom developed way with a distinct DB. The Dashboard shows users as well as members and provides seperate areas:

• users (= back-end users) and

• members (= front-end users).

By default, they are stored in the same database, but different tables.

If the process of registering, managing, etc. needs to be done in the front-end (instead of the back-end), then custom code is needed to implement this (with several examples available on Our.umbraco.org and the 24days website how to do this). The MemberService might be very useful for you.

See also for example: http://24days.in/umbraco/2014/dealing-with-members/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft