Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• MB 273 posts 936 karma points
    Sep 21, 2016 @ 22:28
    MB

Media Type Property - The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Cheers, (Umbraco 7.5.2)

I just created a simple Textstring in my Media type: Image.

I installed a package which I removed again, I can see that other people have had the same issue when installing a package and removing it.

But once I access an image and type something in the textstring property I get the following error:

An error occured

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

EXCEPTION DETAILS

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Stacktrace:

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.MediaRepository.PersistUpdatedItem(IMedia entity)
       at Umbraco.Core.Cache.DefaultRepositoryCachePolicy`2.CreateOrUpdate(TEntity entity, Action`1 persistMethod)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.RepositoryBase`2.PersistUpdatedItem(IEntity entity)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UnitOfWork.PetaPocoUnitOfWork.Commit(Action`1 transactionCompleting)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UnitOfWork.PetaPocoUnitOfWork.Commit()
       at Umbraco.Core.Services.MediaService.Umbraco.Core.Services.IMediaServiceOperations.Save(IMedia media, Int32 userId, Boolean raiseEvents)
       at Umbraco.Web.Editors.MediaController.PostSave(MediaItemSave contentItem)
       at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass10.<GetExecutor>b__9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.Execute(Object instance, Object[] arguments)
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<ExecuteActionFilterAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<ExecuteActionFilterAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Filters.AuthorizationFilterAttribute.<ExecuteAuthorizationFilterAsyncCore>d__2.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Filters.AuthorizationFilterAttribute.<ExecuteAuthorizationFilterAsyncCore>d__2.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.<SendAsync>d__1.MoveNext()

Sep 29, 2016 @ 16:41
    MB

Selfish bump......

After even MORE research I found out that sometimes, there's a property in the database which isn't showing up in Umbraco.

I checked the Database for the properties in Media type Image but there's nothing hidden.

Any suggestions as to how I can troubleshoot this?

Oct 04, 2016 @ 14:00
    MB

Upgrading to Umbraco 7.5.3 fixed it.

REMEMBER: Take a backup of you're umbraco site, just in case the update messes something up.

1. I opened Visual Studio
    2. I opened Nuget Console (Tools -> Nuget package manager -> Console)
    3. I entered Update-Package UmbracoCms
    4. I let it run and when it asked me to overrite some files I typed N (no) to them invidually. I read online that saying "no to all" could cause a bug
  • Pedro Adão 43 posts 80 karma points
    Oct 19, 2016 @ 16:22
    Pedro Adão

It worked for me!!! thank you!!! =)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft