Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• pat 124 posts 346 karma points
    Feb 08, 2017 @ 13:30
    pat

how to read customer property value added to member

Hi all , I have added new field to Umbraco Member - text field call cRMAccount. After successful login i need to read value of this property which look like impossible (well cannot be)

umbraco 4 I used to read this from Member class Member m = Member.GetCurrentMember(); and then m. getproperty("cRMAccount").value but in umbraco 7 I cannot find a way to do this.

I tried to use ProfileModel but that return null value for memberprofile..

ProfileModel memberprofile = Members.GetCurrentMemberProfileModel();
                            string crmaccountid = ""; //  memberprofile.MemberProperties["cRMAccount"].Value.ToString();

if (memberprofile != null)
                            {

foreach (var p in memberprofile.MemberProperties)
                                {
                                    if (p.Name == "cRMAccount")
                                    {
                                        crmaccountid = p.Value;
                                        Session.Add("myicaccountid", crmaccountid);
                                        break;
                                    }
                                }
                            }

any one know how to do this please... I might get same problem when i am creating members via sign up as well , so basically looking for a method to read and write custom property to members

• pat 124 posts 346 karma points
    Feb 08, 2017 @ 13:50
    pat

Hi all , just found answer my self explained here because I am using surfacecontroller i need to use Services.MemberService

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/reference/management/services/MemberService

var member =      Services.MemberService.GetByUsername(model.Username);
    string crmaccountid = (member.Properties["cRMAccount"] != null ) ? member.Properties["cRMAccount"].Value.ToString() : "";

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft