Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• pat 124 posts 346 karma points
    Feb 09, 2017 @ 15:43
    pat

how to use @model in partial view and return list from controller to view

hi all,

ok what I am trying to achieve here is generate a list of objects and return to view like return View(list); list is List

Then in view I wanted to display this in table /grid but I have few problems

@model IEnumerable<myCodeProject.Models.bookModel>
    @using Umbraco.Web
    @using System.Web.Mvc.Html
    @if (Umbraco.MemberIsLoggedOn())
    {

<p>Books</p>

<table>
                <tr>
                    <td>Ref No</td>
                    <td>Type</td>
                    <td>Name</td>
                    <td>Status</td>
                    <td>Details</td>
                </tr>
                @foreach (var item in Model)
                {
                <tr>
                    <td>@item.refno</td>
                    <td>@item.type</td>
                    <td>@item.name</td>
                    <td>@item.status</td>
                    <td><a href="/books/book-details/?cno=" @item.id>View</a></td>
                </tr>

}

</table>

}
    else
    {
        Session.Add("NeedRedirect", Request.Url.ToString());
        { Html.RenderPartial("~/Views/Partials/myCodeProject/icLogin.cshtml", new myCodeProject.Models.icLoginModel(), new ViewDataDictionary { { "mymsg", "1" } }); }

}

then in macro partial I am calling my partial view - as i don't want to create template for each feature

@inherits Umbraco.Web.Macros.PartialViewMacroPage
    @using myCodeProject.Models
    @{Html.RenderPartial("~/Views/Partials/myCodeProject/Listbooks.cshtml",new bookModel());}

in my controller I am generating book list from a third party service and return View (list)

problem 1. I get error MemberIsLoggedOn() is not list on Umbraco error. if i take that if condition off to check my book listing

problem 2 I get error

the model item passed into the dictionary is of type 'myCodeProject.Models.bookModel', but this dictionary requires a model item of type 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[myCodeProject.Models.bookModel]'.

that mean to use @model in my partial view I cannot call macropartial to render my view

not sure I am trying to aproach some this wrong here , I cannot add view to template other wise i'll end up with adding too many templates .

I have noticed that when you call partial view from macro surfacecontroller not hit the Index() method either.

• Alex Brown 129 posts 620 karma points
    Feb 09, 2017 @ 23:34
    Alex Brown

I'm not sure about problem 1. To resolve problem 2 you need to pass an IEnumable/List into your view.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft