Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tommer 1 post 71 karma points
    Feb 15, 2017 @ 14:27
    Tommer

Hello everyone. I am an intern working with some Umbraco websites, as I am pretty new to this I have decided to ask for help here, in the forums.

Before I write my issue, I want to make sure to the reader that I have searched the web for a solution, with no success.

My goal is to have three boxes, divs inside an existing template. I have tried using the grid but I don't understand it properly it seems.

I have also tried putting Bootstrap code with CSS into the solution but it comes out all wrong, e.g. with no bootstrap styling at all.

As I understand it, Umbraco comes with Bootstrap 3 already, doesn't it?

Anyways, here is my HTML:

CV-base

Lorem Ipsum

Some longer Lorem Ipsum

And some Dolor sit

This is a header 4

Lorem ipsum
    is the best there is

BUTTON

Some more lorems

And even more lorems

IPSUM HERE

And my CSS here: .boxes { background-color: #002B54 !important; color: white; width: 250px; height: 250px; left: 50px; font-size: 11px; text-align: center; vertical-align: middle; align-content: center; padding-top: 50px;

}

.boxes p, h4{ padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; }

.boxes .btn-primary { text-align: center !important; vertical-align: middle !important; align-content: center; border-radius: 0px !important;

}

.short { margin-top: 15px; }

Any help will be much appriciated and I am sorry in advance if my questions seem odd, still trying to learn.

• Mark Bowser 273 posts 860 karma points c-trib
    Feb 15, 2017 @ 21:24
    Mark Bowser

Can you show how you are attempting to render the grid? I know that you can specify which base framework you want to use for the grid. These frameworks live in the filesystem at Views/Partials/Grid/xx.cshtml. When you call the render grid methods, you can do things like this: @Html.GetGridHtml(Model.Content, "bodyGrid", "bootstrap3") to specify which of those frameworks you want to use. That could be the problem maybe.

Can you confirm that the bootstrap css files are being loaded into your site on the front end? Use your browser's element inspector to confirm that those scripts are even being loaded. It doesn't look like the Views/Partials/Grid/Bootstrap3.cshtml file loads the css, so you will have to do that in your Views. This is because if you are using bootstrap all over the rest of your site and have already loaded that css yourself, the Bootstrap3.cshtml doesn't want to add additional and duplicate references.

Also, the umbraco community is a lot more forgiving in the forums that places like StackOverflow. Definitely do as much research as you can, but don't worry about getting a lot of hate for asking questions that seem obvious. Umbraco's forums are about helping the people asking the questions. StackOverflow really has to be hard on people asking questions to make sure that the forum doesn't get bloated because their goal is to make the site helpful to the people that are searching for answers.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft