Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richie 1 post 71 karma points
    Mar 16, 2017 @ 09:57
    Richie

How to create an empty template

Hi.

I'm trying to create a template from scratch. I install the NuGet package and start the site. Enter my credentials and every time there is this "Fanoe" template by default. How can I create a clean, empty template to work with?

best regards,

Richie

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6445 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Mar 16, 2017 @ 21:10
    Dennis Adolfi

Hi Richie.

So to install a completly empty Umbraco project, make sure that when you run your solutuin for the first time and the installer shows up, click the "Customize" button. After that you'll be prompted to select a database, just leave that on SQL CE for now, and on the next step you select option "No thanks, I do not want to install a starter website". After that the installer will start installing your new Umbraco site, but with no starter kit.

enter image description here

Also, if you already have a project running and you've acadentally installed the Fanoe starterkit, you can easily unstall Fanoe like any other package from the Developer Section, click Packages then "Installed" and on Fanoe you click "Uninstall". That will remove all the document types and templates that Fanoe have installed, leaving you with an empty Umbraco installation.

Best of luck to you!

All the best / Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft