Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Garry Bain 149 posts 124 karma points
    Apr 18, 2017 @ 10:38
    Garry Bain

Html GRID custom view (based on Bootstrap3)

Hello all, not been on here since 2013 as I changed jobs, but back to the world of Umbraco as of last week when I put it forward as the CMS my workplace should be using for their sites!

Anyway, I'm currently working with the Grid system for the first time and wanted to use a custom view, I have copied the contents of Bootstrap3-fluid.cshtml and renamed it to MyBrand.cshtml - this works fine but the razor inside decides to throw an error, and I can't work out why.

<div @RenderElementAttributes(row)>

When I call the view, I get the error

Compiler Error Message: CS0103: The name 'renderelementattributes' does not exist in the current context

Can someone point me in the right direction for this, as I have simply copied over the code from a view that's working fine but it doesn't want to work under a different file?

Any help would be great to put a non developer out of his misery!

Thanks, Garry.

• Michael Latouche 504 posts 819 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Apr 18, 2017 @ 11:19
    Michael Latouche

Hi Garry,

This is strange indeed.

Could it be that, somehow, the library/assembly/inline methods where the method "RenderElementAttributes" is defined, is not included in your file, while included or in scope of the original file you copied it from?

Maybe there is a "using" missing, or something similar?

Cheers,

Michael.

• Garry Bain 149 posts 124 karma points
    Apr 18, 2017 @ 12:54
    Garry Bain

Thanks Michael, it seemed to correct itself when I opened and closed the solution in Visual Studio, so not sure exactly what it was?

• Michael Latouche 504 posts 819 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Apr 18, 2017 @ 12:57
    Michael Latouche

Hi Garry,

Another software mystery I guess ?!?!

Well, as long as it keeps working ;-)

Cheers,

Michaƫl.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft