Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• smriti 32 posts 103 karma points
    Apr 27, 2017 @ 10:16
    smriti

Code files not showing latest code

I'm facing a strange issue with my staging sites. Any code changes that I make in templates or scripting files are not visible in Umbraco backend. For example, lets say I create a new scripting file named "testFile.cshtml" and include it to master template body. When I come back after sometime, the macro is no longer included in master template nor is the new file "testFile.cshtml" present in scripting file folder.

I have already checked the code files on my load balancing servers and they show the latest code changes so the changes are getting saved on physical path but not visible in Umbraco for some reason.

Could it be an issue with caching and how do I fix this?

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 28, 2017 @ 07:02
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi smriti,

What version of Umbraco are you using ? In older versions the content of these templates was also stored in the database.

Dave

Apr 28, 2017 @ 07:42
    smriti

I'm facing this problem in version 4 and 6 both.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 28, 2017 @ 07:43
    Dave Woestenborghs

Than that's probably it. These version stored the templates in the database, but for rendering it actually uses the file on disk I think.

Dave

May 09, 2017 @ 12:28
    smriti

I checked but don't think there is any problem with database since content nodes are always in their latest version. This issue that I'm facing is happening on all code files in "settings" and "developer" sections. Today, I faced this issue with JS code which I recently updated. After some time when I checked, Umbraco backend was not showing my code changes even though the JS file has the latest code on server.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft