Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim 25 posts 112 karma points
    May 14, 2017 @ 00:29
    Tim

Content Picker Macro Parameter to IPublishedContent

Trying to figure out how to get from my 'NodeID' parameter on a Macro to a an IPublishedContent object.

Both of the following lines produce Null

IPublishedContent menuNode = Model.Content.GetPropertyValue<IPublishedContent>("NodeID");
    IPublishedContent menuNode1 = Umbraco.TypedContent(Model.MacroParameters["NodeID"].ToString());
    string test = Model.MacroParameters["NodeID"].ToString();

While the last line produces "umb://document/b7e73eeed6ee48abb8d81076c14f25cb"

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    May 16, 2017 @ 17:02
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Tim

Use this code:

IPublishedContent menuNode1 = Udi.Parse(Model.MacroParameters["NodeID"].ToString()).ToPublishedContent();

And do not forget to use a reference to "Umbraco.Web.Extensions"

• Robert Foster 459 posts 1820 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    May 24, 2017 @ 22:46
    Robert Foster

Just a note on using ToPublishedContent() - this does at least one database call for each id you're trying to resolve...

Edit: There's a Pull Request dealing with this by allowing UmbracoHelper.TypedContent and friends to resolve UDI values to IPublishedContent - this would be the preferred way going forward.

The ToPublishedContent() is obsoleted in this patch as well so once this is out, it shouldn't be used at all.

Rob.

May 25, 2017 @ 07:08
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Robert

Thanks for pointing us in right direction. Totally agree with you that UmbracoHelper.TypedContent to resolve UDI will be great, waiting for new version of Umbraco.

Alex

• Aluma 13 posts 107 karma points
    Sep 04, 2017 @ 18:12
    Aluma

Thank you! I was facing the same issue and trying to resolve it for quite some time. This solution worked for me.

However, I do see that IPublishedContent is the preferred way forward. How can we rewrite the solution to implement that? I'm on Umbraco 7.6.3.

Thanks once again!

• Tim 25 posts 112 karma points
    May 16, 2017 @ 17:13
    Tim

Thanks Alex!

I posted in the other forum post I found with a similar issue.

This line was returning Null for me, I had to republish the entire site after an upgrade from 7.5.13 to 7.6.1, then it returned as intended.

May 16, 2017 @ 17:14
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Tim

Glad to help!! Have a great evening!

Alex

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft