Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• sohail 5 posts 75 karma points
    May 15, 2017 @ 06:14
    sohail

Macro Container Missing (Umbraco Version 7.6.1)

Hello Guys,

I am using Umbraco version 7.6.1 assembly: 1.0.6337.40631.

The problem is there is no macro container data type available in property editor.

please see this image : https://www.screencast.com/t/ZPjJATd4

but in previous version (Umbraco version 7.5.10 assembly: 1.0.6261.14290) it was there see the image : https://www.screencast.com/t/qgubdaY9mE.

Please help me out with this problem.

• Daniel Chenery 119 posts 465 karma points
    Nov 14, 2017 @ 11:39
    Daniel Chenery

Did you ever figure out where this went? It's missing for me too 🤔

• Ben Palmer 176 posts 842 karma points c-trib
    Nov 14, 2017 @ 11:47
    Ben Palmer

Hi guys,

I'm guessing this has been deprecated, there's an issue here with potentially relevant information

• Daniel Chenery 119 posts 465 karma points
    Nov 14, 2017 @ 12:02
    Daniel Chenery

I had a feeling it went with the new UDI converters, but, I hoped it was a mistake. Apparently not :(

• Yajamanam 36 posts 106 karma points
    Mar 26, 2018 @ 05:51
    Yajamanam

Hi guys,

umbraco.macrocontainer not showing in drop down for creating new datatype in new version umbraco 7.9.2.

we are using macro pickers in older version (7.7.2) effectively in application but unable to create for new version umrbaco 7.9.2. but still i can able to use the created macro containers which were migrated from older version(7.7.2). the issue is am unable to create new datatype as macro container/macro pickers due to the unavailability of macro container in datatype drop down.

Please suggest better solution on this.

Thanks,Pradeep

• Andrey 3 posts 44 karma points
    May 30, 2018 @ 09:26
    Andrey

Hi all,

I had the same problem and I found a solution. You can add to the configuration file umbracoSettings.config new parameter <showDeprecatedPropertyEditors>true</showDeprecatedPropertyEditors> in <content> section.

enter image description here

• Yajamanam 36 posts 106 karma points
    Jun 14, 2018 @ 13:13
    Yajamanam

Hi All,

I have a scenario where am using macros within Template which is used all over the application.

1.when we updated to new version 7.8 macro container is deprecated and can be resolved by enabling through config. since this datatype is made as obsolete and updated attribute to use IMacroService instead of macro container in the code level of Macropropertyeditor.cs file in property editors how can we able to implement IMacroService without changing more in the code level.

Thanks, Yajamanam

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft