Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Blake Watt (Clerke) 106 posts 351 karma points MVP
    May 30, 2017 @ 23:07
    Blake Watt (Clerke)

Rich Text Editor not updating when multiple paragraphs exist in content

I'm using Umbraco v 7.6.1 & I'm noticing that the Rich Text Editor just out of the box configuration does not save on the doctype when you fill out the content with more than one paragraph.

So you can copy or type in 1 long line and save and publish just fine but when you hit enter to make a separate paragraph the doctype publishing just freezes up and sits there.

Does anyone else notice this issue. I haven't let the page sit long enough to see an error, the save & publish button just keeps spinning.

Won't Publish Example:

enter image description here

Works On Publish Example:

Just curious if anyone else is seeing this. I didn't see it mentioned in a search or on issues so I'm looking around to see if this is actually an issue.

Thank you!

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    May 30, 2017 @ 23:23
    Nicholas Westby

I tried this with 7.6.0 and didn't have an issue. Suppose it could be an issue with 7.6.1 in particular.

Any JavaScript errors in your console when it fails?

May 31, 2017 @ 00:04
    Blake Watt (Clerke)

I do have errors, the second I click Save & Publish. Took a screenshot.

May 31, 2017 @ 00:35
    Blake Watt (Clerke)

So I don't see it on 7.6.1 out of the box either. I think it might be something to do with a package that was installed. It may not be compatible for this version yet. I believe it is called epiphany seo metadata package.

I'll keep this updated if I figure out otherwise.

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    May 31, 2017 @ 15:28
    Paul Sterling

After a quick glance at the package's source I'd say it's worth checking to make sure you have the correct config settings and trying to ignore the UrlSegmentProvider (SeoMetadata.NoSegmentProvider)

https://github.com/ryanlewis/seo-metadata/blob/master/app/Epiphany.SeoMetadata/SeoMetadataStartup.cs

Jun 26, 2017 @ 04:24
    Blake Watt (Clerke)

It was a security setting that had to be changed. The package does work. :) Thank you for your help!!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft