Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• JansyRani 21 posts 111 karma points
    Jun 30, 2017 @ 07:45
    JansyRani

Umbraco Package creation in local and install

Hi Friends,

I am new to creating the Umbraco package in local and install into local.I created the package and downloaded the zip file but the problem is when I install my local package I am getting below error.

"Server error: Contact administrator, see log for full details. Failed to install package. Error during the step "InstallData"

Please help me to solve this issue.

Thank you.

//Jansy

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jun 30, 2017 @ 11:49
    Dan Diplo

First thing to do is check the log files to see if more information on the error is logged there. Looking in /App_Data/Logs/ - or you can install my Log Viewer package to help :)

Jul 03, 2017 @ 07:45
    JansyRani

Hi Dan Diplo,

Thanks for the reply.

I have installed the "Log Viewer package" in my local and found the below error when install my local package.

"Error installing businesslogic System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource) at System.Coll"

And refer the below screen shot. enter image description here

Could you please help me to solve this issue.

Thank you.

//Jansy

Jul 03, 2017 @ 11:33
    Dan Diplo

I don't really know why this is happening, but the error seems to indicate there is an issue with a duplicate datatype definition. So do you somehow have two datatypes with the same name, maybe? Maybe look in the XML files created in your package (which you can open with any zip extractor) and see if you can spot a duplicate.

The source code for the Packaging Service is on GitHub. So the error seems to occur in the ImportDataTypeDefinitions method, presumably when an item with the same key is added to the dataTypes dictionary there.

Jul 04, 2017 @ 05:47
    JansyRani

Yes Dan Diplo, duplicate datatype was added to the umbraco database.I have removed the duplicate datatype when creating the package & re installed the package once again. But the problem is after installed the package, in umbraco back office there is no content elements.Do we need to create the pages under content menu OR By installing the package itself content may added?

Thank you.

//Jansy

Jul 04, 2017 @ 08:46
    Dan Diplo

You can package up content, if I recall. I think in the packager you can select a node and then opt to also include all children. This will then be included as part of your package.

Jul 04, 2017 @ 10:20
    JansyRani

Hi Dan Diplo,

When creating the package I have included all the child nodes. But the problem is the content menu is getting empty!!

Thank you.

//Jansy

Jul 04, 2017 @ 10:34
    Dan Diplo

Have you included all the doctypes for the content being imported?

One suggestion might be to create two packages - one with all the structure elements (doctypes, templates, datatypes etc). Install that. Then make sure you add permission so that these doctypes can be created under the home node and each other.

Then create another package with just content/media and try installing that second.

I'm not saying it will definitely work, just a suggestion :)

Jul 05, 2017 @ 11:24
    JansyRani

Hi Dan Diplo,

I have tired two ways as you suggested but couldn't get the pages under content menu. Is any other way to achieve this? May be I did any wrong approach when create the package. So Could you please tell me that how to create the Umbraco package in umbraco back office of local project.And also can you please explain the package files needed to create the package.

Thank you.

//Jansy

Jul 05, 2017 @ 14:38
    Dan Diplo

I'm not aware of any other way. Maybe a package like uSync could help you move content? See https://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/usync/

Jul 12, 2017 @ 05:22
    JansyRani

Thanks for your reply Dan Diplo.

I have successfully created the package & installed. When creating the package we should avoid the duplicate data types and choose the bin files & folder carefully. So that we can install the package without error.

//Jansy

Jul 12, 2017 @ 07:28
    Dan Diplo

Excellent, glad it worked for you in the end. Hopefully next it will be simpler :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft