Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Luís Costa 26 posts 148 karma points
    Aug 09, 2017 @ 11:13
    Luís Costa

Hey guys, I have a little problem with multi language website. I'm using vorto to translate my content site, but when i change the language to another, vorto does not translate the menu.

Example in english: Home Page / Investment / Contact Us

Example in french: Page d'accueil / Investissement / Contactez nous

Exists any way to do that? Thanks!

• Gevorg 13 posts 124 karma points
    Aug 09, 2017 @ 11:58
    Gevorg

Hi!

I was just doing research on that and found that you have to make two different content trees for each language and specify culture and domain of each tree in properties. Have a look here: http://sinfomania.com/tutorials/umbraco-7x/developer/multi-language-site/

Aug 09, 2017 @ 12:56
    Luís Costa

Hello! Thanks for answer.

I check the site that you send, but i think this is the normal multi language umbraco website, with a copy of home page for each language.

What i want is a multi language website 1:1, like vorto package, but they have a bug that is what i say before, the content is translated but the menu names dont :S.

• Nik 1599 posts 7179 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Aug 09, 2017 @ 13:22
    Nik

Hi Luis,

How are you getting the name for the menu and how are you rendering it out? If you are simply using the "Name" property of the content node, then this won't be being translated because there is no way to add Vorto to this.

What I've done in the past is add a new vorto property called Menu Name so that the different version of the menu name can be set and then rendered out in my navigation partial.

Thanks,

Nik

Aug 09, 2017 @ 13:40
    Luís Costa

Hi Nik,

How do you do that? seems to be a great idea, i searched a days ago and find a similar idea, but because i'm using a template buyed by company it turns more difficult to know where to edit -.-.

Thanks!

• Nik 1599 posts 7179 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Aug 09, 2017 @ 13:50
    Nik

Hi Luis,

You'll have to start by having a look under Settings and seeing what datatypes have been created. See if there is a Vorto Text String you can use.

If there isn't you'll need to create one by creating a new DataType and choosing it's property editor as Vorto.

Once you have a data type, you'll need to add it to your documents. Now as I don't know anything about how your site is set up it's a bit harder to guide. Hopefully your document types have been built using Compositions in which case you can find one of the composite types that are used across all of your main document types and add the new property there. If not, you'll need to add it to all of the Document Types.

Once it is on the document type you should be able to set it in the content tree and update your templates to read the new value.

Aug 09, 2017 @ 13:59
    Luís Costa

Hi Nik,

Ok, I will try to understand first how they configured out the template.

I think they configured by using compositions, Menu is printed in "MainNavigation", i will look better for this composition to try figured out a solution.

Thanks for your help!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft