Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mikael Ekström 14 posts 114 karma points
    Sep 01, 2017 @ 19:26
    Mikael Ekström

Box for text to make IT readable when you have a background image

I need some help. I have some pages where I have a three column grid row with a background image and some text in one of the columns, tinyrte. What I want to be able to do is make the background for the tinyrte white and slightly transparent so you can clearly read the text but still get a hint of the background. Hang idea on how to acompliah this? I don't want it everywhere, just in some places.

Please help.

BR Mikael

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Sep 02, 2017 @ 04:52
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Mikael,

There are probably more ways to do this dependning on your setup, but here's a couple of ideas:

1. Are you able to decide on render time what to do (e.g. "if there's a background image in the cell, then there should be a background-color on the text)?
    2. Is it something the editor needs to decide? If so, should they turn it on for the page or just for the row/cell?

For #1 you would probably need to modify (or provide a modified version of) the ~/Views/Partials/Grid/Bootstrap3.cshtml file. You can see the docs here

For #2, have a look at the docs for Settings and styling to see how you can maybe add a checkbox to the panel.

Hope that helps,

/Chriztian

• Mikael Ekström 14 posts 114 karma points
    Sep 02, 2017 @ 12:12
    Mikael Ekström

Thanks for the answer!

I think the second option is the best one. Not sure how to apply it.

How does the append to cell/row option work If i have a row with three cells, can i select witch cell or is it added to every cell? Or does it end up as a setting on each cell? If i add a class to it will that remove all other classes?

Can i add a setting to the tiny rte or is it only to the grid-layouts that option is viable?

Thanks! /Mike

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft