Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dominik Ernst 7 posts 97 karma points
    Oct 11, 2017 @ 12:27
    Dominik Ernst

Hi,

I 'inherited' a website with Umbraco ;-), the developer somehow managed to generate a model called IMaster. How is that possible? I cann't find anything called IMaster?

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------ // //------------------------------------------------------------------------------

namespace Orca.Homepage.Core.PublishedContentModels { // Mixin content Type 1047 with alias "master" ///

Master public partial interface IMaster : IPublishedContent {

The other question is, how to generate something like that:

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------ // //------------------------------------------------------------------------------

namespace Orca.Homepage.Core.PublishedContentModels { // Mixin content Type 1216 with alias "contentPage" ///

ContentPage public partial interface IContentPage : IPublishedContent { /// Inhalt Skybrud.Umbraco.GridData.GridDataModel Content { get; } }

/// <summary>ContentPage</summary>
    [PublishedContentModel("contentPage")]
    public partial class ContentPage : PublishedContentModel, IContentPage
    {

Thank you regards Dominik

• Paul Wright (suedeapple) 277 posts 704 karma points
    Oct 11, 2017 @ 14:38
    Paul Wright (suedeapple)

You probably have a document, that is composed of a "master" composition/ documenttype

Think of the "I", as "is composed of".

Typically, you'd have "SEO" as a document type, which you can add to other document types. You could then do something like...

If (Model is ISEO) {

@Model.MetaTitle }

Oct 11, 2017 @ 14:59
    Dominik Ernst

Hi Paul,

there is a File "Master.generated.cs" with this line of code "public partial interface IMaster : IPublishedContent".

When I was learning Umbraco, I generated also a Master-File, but the line was "public partial class Master : PublishedContent" (as I recall).

Which Definition or Setting or Config changes the way Umbraco generates the File to IMaster?

Regards Dominik

• Paul Wright (suedeapple) 277 posts 704 karma points
    Oct 11, 2017 @ 16:02
    Paul Wright (suedeapple)

Thats part of the ModelsBuilder

You should not be touching those autogenerated files :-) As they are auto generated by Umbraco.

Oct 12, 2017 @ 06:37
    Dominik Ernst

I don't want to edit the file manually, I want to know how I can modify the settings, that ModelsBuilder generates the file with interfaces.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft