Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Oct 24, 2017 @ 04:12
    Tom Fulton

Handling Tabs/Accordions (Grouped Content) within the Grid

Hi All!

I'm looking for advice on the best way to handle "grouped" content such as Tabs or Accordions within the Grid - and/or feedback on a proof of concept I hacked together.

As I understand, a good approach would be to use DTGE, hooked up to a doctype containing a Nested Content for building the list of Tabs/Accordions (or, similar via LeBlender). This works great, but I'm hoping to allow content editors to re-use Grid Editors within a Tab/Accordion - treating them more like grid cells rather than providing a static RTE.

The best way I can see to achieve this currently, is to have editors create a Row for each Accordion/Tab in the list, and auto-group adjacent ones together when rendering. This should work, but seems like it could be prone to user error due to lack of grouping around each item/row, and makes it difficult to apply "global" settings to the group (such as behavior/layout options or a "utility" link on a tab strip).

In lieu of some way to group these rows together (apart from layouts, since there can only be one?), I'm thinking what I'm after is some sort of Grid Cell Editor - a Grid Editor (i.e. Tab) that can contain other Grid Editors (i.e. RTE, Embed, etc). This can be combined with a custom Row Configuration to serve as the container (i.e. Tab Strip) which only allows the "Tab" editor inside.

I created a quick proof of concept of what I think I'm looking for. I'm curious if something like this would make sense, or if there might be a better way to handle things (whether it exists or not)?

Appreciate any advice!

-Tom

PS - I'm a bit late to the Grid party and am blown away - it's slick, flexible (especially via DTGE/LeBlender), and fun to use. #h5yr to all involved!

• Chris Roberts 6 posts 88 karma points
    May 10, 2019 @ 11:57
    Chris Roberts

Hi Tom,

I need to do something very similar... I just came here to find advice on adding a Grid within a Grid Editor!

Did you achieve this in the end? If so, can you share the solution?

Thanks! - Chris

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft