Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Geofrey 40 posts 161 karma points
    Jan 31, 2018 @ 09:54
    Geofrey

Add image title and caption via media picker

Can any one please provide a tutorial a sample code on how to add image title and caption via media picker ? am new to umbraco though,

Please its urgent.

Thanks

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jan 31, 2018 @ 10:20
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Geofrey,

Is the caption and title the same for all places the image is used ? Or is it page specific ?

If it is global I would extend the image media type with 2 properties for this. When you are rendering the image you can get them from the media item.

If it is page specific I would have 2 fields for that on the doctype.

Dave

• Geofrey 40 posts 161 karma points
    Jan 31, 2018 @ 23:42
    Geofrey

I have 4 images as top banner in my page I want those images to contain text over it and link to a specific page, the same as tex over image package does, except its for single image , I need the same as that but for multiple images editor

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Feb 01, 2018 @ 00:30
    Nigel Wilson

Geofrey

I assume you are describing the same issue as the following post:

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/90328-how-to-automatically-fill-title-caption-alt-text-and-description-on-umbraco-image-or-via-media-picker

It's simply not something that can be easily provided via the forum - you need to apply certain changes to your site, and then complete some coding to accomplish the changes you have described. In saying it's not easily provided, it would take a massive amount of backwards / forwards detailing the numerous steps required to implement the change.

If it is urgent, then are you open to the idea of paying someone to complete the task ?

Otherwise, I encourage you to install a starter kit site and have a play as this the best way to learn and familiarise yourself with the "Umbraco way".

Nigel

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft