Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brent 29 posts 240 karma points
    Mar 27, 2018 @ 14:58
    Brent

Someone needs to make a new slider project. The ones out there require you to purchase a slider for the project to work "uSkySlider" or they are just too vague in where you place code to make it work.

There needs to be one project that you can install that places all the slider capabilities there to choose an image to show up.

And there needs to be an installation guide to show where the codes need to be in order for the slider to appear.

Very frustrated. I feel like creating my own, but the only problem is that I only know how to code HTML and a little CSS. I know I can create a slider in HTML and it will work on the site. But if we have multiple users that do not know code, are trying to change the images on the slider, then they won't be able to do it.

Can someone please make something more user friendly, and easy to install?

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Mar 27, 2018 @ 18:29
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Brent

One mans "ideal slider" doesn't necessarily mean it is ideal for all.

The cool thing about Umbraco is that you make things as you want or need them to be.

So whilst a package could easily be developed by someone, that in turn would lead to others wanting changes to suit their unique set of requirement, and so the first person who was happy on day one might become disillusioned due to the new funky functionality added.

A conundrum and probably best addressed by an individual creating their own solution that suits their purpose.

Maybe try making a package for your requirements - getting started is the hard bit, asking questions on this forum when you get stuck is easy, and the community love helping out...

Cheers

Nigel

• Paul Seal 524 posts 2889 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 27, 2018 @ 18:57
    Paul Seal

Why don't you make your own, it's not too difficult.

Follow my guide here:

https://codeshare.co.uk/blog/how-to-create-a-carousel-in-umbraco-using-nested-content-and-bootstrap/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft