Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• H. Polkerman 8 posts 109 karma points
    May 16, 2018 @ 14:35
    H. Polkerman

Custom List View breaks labels system fields

On selecting the edit option for a list view on a Document Type, you can later the displayed fields (Columns Displayed). Normally the sort, update and owner fields are pre-filled.

If I add a System Field, like createDate, this will show up as: systemcreateDate (system field) and [systemcreateDate] instead of the normal label and description.

Even when I add the owner field, it will not render as the previous field that was allready added: custom list view with the bug

I'm running Umbraco 7.9.2, can anyone confirm this bug or offer a solution?

• Matt Basnett 1 post 71 karma points
    May 29, 2018 @ 11:42
    Matt Basnett

I had a similar problem, the solution for me was to switch browser to firefox instead of chrome. I've no idea why but the issue seems to only occur for me when using chrome; firefox and edge worked as expected

• Sam 79 posts 426 karma points
    Jul 26, 2018 @ 17:30
    Sam

I am also having issues with this. does anyone know how to fix other than a browser switch?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 26, 2018 @ 17:48
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sam

What version of Umbraco are you using? Just did a quick test on 7.11.1 and I was not able to reproduce the issue as described above so don't know if it's something that has been fixed in the releases after 7.9.2 perhaps?

/Jan

Aug 09, 2018 @ 15:36
    Sam

Sorry for the slow reply... Im am using version 7.7.2

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 09, 2018 @ 19:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sam

Could it be possible for you to try and do an upgrade to Umbraco 7.11? Or would that not be possible?

Before doing so you can of course always try to make a fresh local installation of 7.11 and see if you can reproduce the issue on this installation. If the issue keeps happening then it should probably be filed on the issue tracker as a bug. But if it does not then it might be worth considering if an upgrade is the right approach depending on how big a pain this is.

Just my 2 cents :)

/Jan

Aug 09, 2018 @ 21:07
    Sam

Next time I install I will try 7.11, and try to remember to post my results.

• Mike Beale 38 posts 132 karma points
    Aug 09, 2018 @ 14:48
    Mike Beale

I've just come across this issue with Umbraco 7.3.0

Would only work properly for me in IE 11! Firefox & Chrome show the same problem as in the screenshot above.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft