Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Imdad Ali 6 posts 77 karma points
    Jun 18, 2018 @ 09:58
    Imdad Ali

How do you replace a macro with another macro all over the website's content nodes?

So I have a macro and let's call this 'X' and want to delete it. Deleting it will create dangling references (therefore errors) around the website on content nodes that uses that macro X.

Therefore, I'd like to replace macro X with macro Y.

There's a lot of content nodes using this macro.

What's the quickest way to do this changeover?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 18, 2018 @ 12:41
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Imdad

I'm thinking that you should be able to map the macro to use the new underlying partial? So that way you won't need to do a lot of complicated stuff?

See this image where I have tried to illustrate it - Now the solution where I have taken the screendump does not have any macros but I hope you get the idea.

enter image description here

Does it make sense? And will this approach work for you?

/Jan

• Imdad Ali 6 posts 77 karma points
    Jun 18, 2018 @ 12:59
    Imdad Ali

Thanks for that reply - I totally get what you mean. High five for trying to understand the issue, I think your solution may work for others!

In my case, it's not entirely what I want. Macro Y is already created and used with other content nodes and so is Macro X. If replacing the partial view part with the same partial as Macro Y, this creates a duplicate Macro. The idea is to keep the CMS clean - hence the reduction of any duplicates. Functionality of Macro X is doable with Macro Y.

Hoping that makes a bit more sense? :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft