Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• AvihayBit 149 posts 303 karma points
    Jul 16, 2018 @ 15:11
    AvihayBit

Trying to search for every node that contains *all* the words in a searchString

Hi, I use to search with C# Contains() for complicated search websites... But the poor performance makes me try to go through the examine road agin :) hopefully it would go better this time.

When I want to search for every node that contains all the words in the searchString I usually us this code that woks great, but slow:

string[] SearchTermList = searchString.Split(new char[] { ' ' }, StringSplitOptions.RemoveEmptyEntries);
        searchResults = searchResults.Where(x => SearchTermList.All(y=> x.Name.Contains(y) || 
                                                                        x.GetPropertyValue<string>("title").Contains(y)|| 
                                                                        Umbraco.TagQuery.GetTagsForProperty(x.Id,"author").Where(p => p.Text.Contains(y)).Any()||
                                                                        Umbraco.TagQuery.GetTagsForProperty(x.Id,"Subjects").Where(p => p.Text.Contains(y)).Any()||
                                                                        x.GetPropertyValue<string>("promo").Contains(y)||
                                                                        x.GetPropertyValue<string>("content").Contains(y)
                                                                    )
                                            );

any Idea how to achive same result with the Umbraco examine search? if I use

searchResults = lessonsBase.Search(searchString, true);

it gives me every node that contains any of the words in the searchString - too many results...

Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft