Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan 2 posts 32 karma points
    Aug 14, 2018 @ 23:10
    Dan

Media Upload Stopped Working??

I am using version Umbraco v6.2.5 and our customer's files will no longer upload. We create the file name, choose file to upload, and when we click SAVE the screen just pops to a view of the home page. No uploading takes place. File size does not matter.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 15, 2018 @ 05:38
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan and welcome to our :)

Some things to investigate:

1. Are you running out of disk-space on the hosting environment? This will usually/somtimes also trigger weird yellow screen error messages on the site - So worth checking
    2. What kind of file are you trying to upload? And have you tried uploading other files?
    3. How large is the file you're trying to upload? Does it exceed the upload limit from the web.config file?

Also it's a good idea to explore the log file in /App_Data/Logs and see if anything marked with "ERROR" could have any relation to the uploading issue you experience.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

• Dan 2 posts 32 karma points
    Aug 22, 2018 @ 16:07
    Dan

Hi Jan,

I tried the different things you suggested to no avail. Then, the next day everything was working fine again. Our web server hosting company said they did not do anything even though we had asked them to see if something had bumped out of place at their end. But, I suspect something must have changed at their end, as things don't stop working and then start up again without something happening. So, I suspect it was something on the server...?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 22, 2018 @ 16:14
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

Hmm, yes that does indeed sounds very odd...And if they in fact did something they should be honest about it. I guess we'll never know what happened for sure then. But happy that it works now! :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft