Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ian Christman 13 posts 83 karma points
    Aug 30, 2018 @ 20:50
    Ian Christman

Responsive Macro for video embed code

I'm using a textbox parameter to drop in embedCode:

but it just displays on the page and not in the source where I would like it.

Partial Macro:

@inherits Umbraco.Web.Macros.PartialViewMacroPage

@Model.MacroParameters["embedCode"]

Is there a way to insert parameter into source? So I get this:

Thanks for any suggestions. -ian

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Aug 31, 2018 @ 06:10
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Ian,

I think you need to use :

@Html.Raw(Model.MacroParameters["embedCode"])

But you can make the live of your editors easier by using this property editor to embed video's. It just requires the editors to have the video url instead of copy/paste the embed code

https://our.umbraco.com/projects/backoffice-extensions/oembed-picker-property-editor/

This will not work as a macro parameter however out of the box. To make it available as macro parameter you can use this package :

https://our.umbraco.com/projects/developer-tools/parameter-editor-generator/

Dave

Aug 31, 2018 @ 12:36
    Ian Christman

Hi Dave, It still displays on the page and not in the source, but does fix the syntax:

instead of:

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kzHW_-tmS48?feature=oembed"; allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" width="360" height="203" frameborder="0"></iframe>

so maybe in combination with something else?

Thanks for the editor tip, I'll check it out. -ian

Aug 31, 2018 @ 12:40
    Dave Woestenborghs

So you can see the video on the page ?

Than it should be in the source. You can only see things that are in the source.

Dave

Aug 31, 2018 @ 12:42
    Ian Christman

No video on the page, just the embed code.

Aug 31, 2018 @ 12:45
    Ian Christman

The code works fine if I paste into the source in an rte. The video shows and scales with browser.

-ian

Aug 31, 2018 @ 12:59
    Dave Woestenborghs

So you can see the embed code in the source ?

Dave

Aug 31, 2018 @ 13:05
    Ian Christman

The source looks like this:

<div class="embed-responsive embed-responsive-16by9">

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kzHW_-tmS48?feature=oembed" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" width="360" height="203" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Aug 31, 2018 @ 13:08
    Ian Christman

When I paste code examples in to the editor they look different in the preview/post. The last one looked correct, but the source code I pasted in wasn't. Am I doing something wrong?

Aug 31, 2018 @ 13:10
    Dave Woestenborghs

I am actually out of ideas. I must admit I have not used macro's in ages.

Dave

Aug 31, 2018 @ 13:33
    Ian Christman

enter image description here

Aug 31, 2018 @ 13:36
    Dave Woestenborghs

Ha,

Could you try this

@Html.Raw(HttpUtility.HtmlDecode(Model.MacroParameters["embedCode"]))

Dave

Aug 31, 2018 @ 13:50
    Ian Christman

Getting this error: System.Web.HttpCompileException (0x80004005): e:\stage.jacksoncoker.local\Views\MacroPartials\Responsive.cshtml(5): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for 'System.Web.HttpUtility.HtmlDecode(string)' has some invalid arguments at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.Compile() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean throwIfNotFound) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetCompiledType(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) at Umbraco.Core.Profiling.ProfilingView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) at Umbraco.Web.Mvc.ControllerExtensions.RenderViewResultAsString(ControllerBase controller, ViewResultBase viewResult) at Umbraco.Web.Macros.PartialViewMacroEngine.Execute(MacroModel macro, IPublishedContent content) at umbraco.macro.LoadPartialViewMacro(MacroModel macro) at umbraco.macro.renderMacro(Hashtable pageElements, Int32 pageId) at Umbraco.Web.UmbracoComponentRenderer.RenderMacro(macro m, IDictionary`2 parameters, page umbracoPage) at ASP.PageViewsPartialsgrideditorsmacrocshtml.Execute() in e:\stage.jacksoncoker.local\Views\Partials\Grid\Editors\Macro.cshtml:line 15 at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) at Umbraco.Core.Profiling.ProfilingView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) at System.Web.Mvc.Html.PartialExtensions.Partial(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String partialViewName, Object model, ViewDataDictionary viewData) at ASP.PageViewsPartialsgrideditorsbasecshtml.Execute() in e:\stage.jacksoncoker.local\Views\Partials\Grid\Editors\Base.cshtml:line 20

Aug 31, 2018 @ 14:04
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Ian,

Are you sure that Model.MacroParameters["embedCode"] returns a string ?

Can you please post the entire code ?

Dave

Aug 31, 2018 @ 14:50
    Ian Christman

Partial Macro: enter image description here

Generated Html:

enter image description here

Sep 04, 2018 @ 20:20
    Ian Christman

As it turns out enter image description here

works in text section component.

The issue is within a bootstrap grid component. Any ideas on how to avoid this is welcome.

thanks for all your help -ian

Oct 02, 2018 @ 14:14
    Ian Christman

I'll address bootstrap environment as a separate issue. Thanks -ian

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft