Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rana Rahman 2 posts 72 karma points
    Sep 10, 2018 @ 13:40
    Rana Rahman

Display data-type variable inside a template

I'm trying to get the URL data via a Content Picker to display on the front-end via inclusion of the variable on the template (ok strictly speaking i'm trying to include it in a partial view macro file).

I've come onto the project with a lot of it having been set up before me, so I'm a little mystified as to why a couple of other variables with a very simple syntax like {{item.Header}} and {{item.Text}} are able to show the relevant data once they've been entered via the WYSIWYG, but one of the variables refuses to show anything. Pics would help of course...Example of the Header and Text variables being filled in and then how they've been coded in the template:

enter image description here enter image description here

However, I enter SpotlightURL in the template, but it doesn't show the data or it. I've got it working here via the WYSIWYG:

enter image description here

But alas, on the front end.....it refuses to show anything for the anchor tag with the SpotlightURL variable included:

As you can see here and from the code above, it's my intention to be able to link to each story via SpotlightURL. Am I missing something in terms of a special/difference variable/alias name or something?

The information for the variable in the Data Types section isn't showing anything meaningful for me. I'm stumped as to how the other two variables work, but this one doesn't. Please help :(

• Rana Rahman 2 posts 72 karma points
    Sep 11, 2018 @ 14:30
    Rana Rahman

Polite bump (apologies, I'm not sure on the etiquette regarding how long one should wait before they bump a thread).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft