Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anthony 3 posts 73 karma points
    Oct 12, 2018 @ 07:17
    Anthony

hi All so i have done all the step in how to setup new website ,getting the demo page ,i want to move my old websites content to host it myself how do i import the files now?

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Oct 12, 2018 @ 12:37
    Steve Morgan

Hi Anthony,

Sounds like you're new to Umbraco. I suggest you follow this tutorial and then see if it all now makes sense.

https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Tutorials/Creating-Basic-Site/

HTH Steve

Oct 12, 2018 @ 12:41
    Anthony

hi steve i am new .website was hosted with hosing group that used umbraco ,hosting company closed down but gave as full website to up load but just getting errors .did use the step by step

Oct 12, 2018 @ 12:57
    Steve Morgan

Hi,

If you're moving an existing site I'd just copy the files from the backup to the new webserver and then check the web.config for the connection string. Make sure you've restored your DB somewhere and the settings are correct for your new server.

Try to do this locally first with IIS so you can get used to the process.

Steve

Oct 15, 2018 @ 04:42
    Anthony

hi Steven so i have done all of the above ,getting this error '

Server Error in '/' Application. The system cannot find the file specified Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified]

[SqlException (0x80131904): A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)] System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, UInt32 waitForMultipleObjectsTimeout, Boolean allowCreate, Boolean onlyOneCheckConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection) +345 System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, TaskCompletionSource1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection) +156 System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection) +258 System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions) +312 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpenInner(TaskCompletionSource1 retry) +202 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource1 retry) +413 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +128 Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) +79 umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelpers.SqlServer.SqlServerHelper.ExecuteReader(String commandText, SqlParameter[] parameters) +55 umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +114

[SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteReader] umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +303 umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Domain.<GetDomains>b__0() +156 Umbraco.Core.Cache.<>c__DisplayClass11.

Oct 15, 2018 @ 07:51
    Steve Morgan

That error looks like it can't connect to your database.

I take it you've updated your web.config with the new database server name and with credentials that match?

Can you manually connect to the db using Management Studio using the connection details in your web.config?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft