Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andreas Kristensen 65 posts 269 karma points c-trib
    Jan 11, 2019 @ 13:54
    Andreas Kristensen

Values converter for Multinode Treepicker in nested content does not work, but it does for Media Picker

I am very frustrated, because I have not been able to get this to work for hours.

I have two different Nested Content data types, one has a Media Picker and some more properties, the other one has a Multinode Treepicker and some more properties.

When i try to get the value of the media picker, like item.GetPropertyValue<IPublishedContent>("imagePicker"), it works, i get the values as an IPublishedContent just fine.

Now, when i try to get the value of the Multinode Treepicker in the other Nested Content data type, i only get null. I call it like the documentation says you should call it (basically, like the Media Picker). If I try to get the value, without casting it (item.GetPropertyValue("propAlias")), I get the value just fine, but the second I try to cast it to an IPublishedContent, I get NULL. It's the same for a Multinode Treepicker with multiple items: when I try to cast it, I get NULL.

Help me, you are my only hope.

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jan 11, 2019 @ 14:10
    Nik

Hi Andreas,

The Multinode Treepicker always returns an IEnumerable in my experience.

Try

item.GetPropertyValue<IEnumerable<IPublishedContent>>("propAlias")

See how you get on with that.

Nik

Jan 11, 2019 @ 16:53
    Andreas Kristensen

Hi Nik.

That is exactly the way I do it. But it does not work. It works on a Media Picker, and a regular Multinode Treepicker outside of a Nested Content data type.

I can also get the value of the Multinode Treepicker by not casting to an IEnumerable, but as soon as I try to cast it, it returns NULL.

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jan 11, 2019 @ 16:58
    Nik

Hi Andreas

What version of Umbraco are you using?

Also, if you get the value by not specifying it and look at it in a watch/local window when debugging, can you see what type it is?

Thanks

Nik

Jan 11, 2019 @ 18:03
    Andreas Kristensen

Hi Nik.

I am running 7.13.

BUT!

I just went back to my machine, to run a debug and check the type. I tried to change the Multinode Treepicker that I would cast without an IEnumerable, to <IEnumerable<IPublishedContent>> and now it works.

I am baffled... I had been debugging for hours, and I am 100% sure I tried that also... I should have just gone home for the day :P

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft