Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nasha 3 posts 73 karma points
    Jan 16, 2019 @ 01:16
    Nasha

Umbraco Media Picker Slider

I want to make a slider for homepage by using media picker. The image appears on the page but it's in vertical view. How to make a slider on homepage. This is my code for the slider.

enter image description here

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jan 16, 2019 @ 23:55
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Nasha

What js are you using for the slider?

Alex

Jan 17, 2019 @ 00:42
    Nasha

Hi Alex

Actually, I'm quite new to Umbraco. I just use media picker from Umbraco and added this function.

• Alexander Croner 71 posts 282 karma points
    Jan 17, 2019 @ 07:58
    Alexander Croner

Hey Nasha...

I think you'll have to learn some HTML/JavaScript, this is not really an Umbraco issue.

Take a look at Slick, that is the one I use usually :)

Jan 18, 2019 @ 00:24
    Nasha

I know how to build slider from HTML but I don't know how to build with CMS Umbraco :(

• Bryna 73 posts 259 karma points
    Jan 18, 2019 @ 20:06
    Bryna

Hi Nasha:

One of the things that I am finding really helpful on my journey to learn Umbraco is doing things in HTML first. Once I get something working in HTML, I create a throwaway doctype and put my HTML inside a template. Once that is working, it just becomes a matter of replacing small parts of the HTML with properties on my Doc Type. Generally if it doesn't work, like when I was having trouble figuring out the media picker, I found that referencing the sample site doc types usually answer my questions adequately.

One thing that I found almost always gets me is when I have javascript in a master template and on my page template including an earlier version of jquery in my doc type template. I've only been using this for a few weeks, so I hope my really basic knowledge is able to assist you.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft