Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• tobster 4 posts 74 karma points
    Jan 24, 2019 @ 09:58
    tobster

Bootstrap Grid - An option to remove container class for a full width row

Hi All,

I'm implementing a grid in a new umbraco site and using Bootstrap 3. The template used (within Views-Partials-Grid) seems to ALWAYS add the container class.

<div class="container">
    </div>

as you may know this is to contain the content within a certain width even if the window width is larger.

I'm wanting to add a background image that covers the full width of the row (not to be contained), and then the content sitting over the background but within the container class. I can add the container class with the content thats not the problem, but I'm looking for a way to stop the container class being added (by the template) EVERY time a row is added, perhaps an option to have a truly 'full width' row - which does not follow the usual code in the normal bootstrap3.cshtml template.

Any ideas anyone, I've spent hours trying to find an answer and I'm struggling.

Thanks

• Frans de Jong 548 posts 1840 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jan 24, 2019 @ 10:07
    Frans de Jong

I always set the background in the row settings. That way the background image is placed on the div around the container.

In other cases I use classes set on the row that overwrite the default max with of the container or whatever property I want to overwrite.

• tobster 4 posts 74 karma points
    Jan 31, 2019 @ 15:48
    tobster

Thanks for coming back to me Frans, I've ended up using the class set on the row as the solution. I was hoping there was some slick option rather than setting an override but never mind. Its working!

Thanks

T

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft