Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rob 27 posts 129 karma points
    Mar 29, 2019 @ 08:11
    Rob

Home Page down after uninstall and removal of all files from SEO Checker package

Hi folks,

I have an issue I need some help with please.

I had installed the SEO Checker Package not realising it's only for commercial use so I uninstalled it which caused the whole site to break down. After removing all the SEO Checker package files all landing pages are back up but the home page is still down when using the domain URL.

It shows the following:

Unable to cast object of type 'Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentModels.ContentPage' to type 'Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentModels.Home'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentModels.ContentPage' to type 'Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentModels.Home'.

Source Error:

Source Error

Source File: C:\WebOnlyServer\kunterbunteschaos_de\web\Views\Master.cshtml Line: 6

Stack Trace:

[InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentModels.ContentPage' to type 'Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentModels.Home'.] ASP.PageViewsMastercshtml.Execute() in C:\WebOnlyServer\kunterbunteschaos_de\web\Views\Master.cshtml:6 System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() +252 System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +148 System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +122 System.Web.WebPages.<>cDisplayClass3.2(TextWriter writer) +309 System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.Write(HelperResult result) +108 System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.RenderSurrounding(String partialViewName, Action1 body) +89 System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.PopContext() +310 Umbraco.Core.Profiling.ProfilingView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) +194 System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) +375 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +88 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +775 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +775 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +775 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +81 System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>cDisplayClass21.1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +188 System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +38 System.Web.Mvc.Controller.

I am not a developer but building the website for my wife as a hobby, so I am lost when it comes to the stack trace and to finding the issue.

I haven't changed anything on the code of any template. Just removed the package files using FTP.

Can somebody shed some light and guide me the way to solve this so that the home page comes back up?

One more thing to mention is that the home page works fine when adding /home to the domain URL

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Mar 29, 2019 @ 10:00
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Rob

Can you show the first lines of Master.cshtml? Also, can you rebuild your models builder if it's in DLL mode?

Thanks,

Alex

Mar 29, 2019 @ 11:27
    Rob

Hi Alex,

@inherits UmbracoTemplatePage

@{ Layout = null;

// Get basic design settings from the homepage
    var home = (Home)Model.Content.Site();
    var colorTheme = Umbraco.GetPreValueAsString(home.ColorTheme);
    var font = Umbraco.GetPreValueAsString(home.Font);

} Models Builder is running in PureLive mode

Mar 29, 2019 @ 15:08
    Alex Skrypnyk

Are you using version 7?

Mar 29, 2019 @ 16:13
    Rob

Hi Alex,

Yes Umbraco 7 as mentioned in the initial post ;)

My issue is that I am not a developer and I don't have much experience with Umbraco or Razor so it's sometimes a bit too tricky for me to figure out what is going wrong.

Apr 02, 2019 @ 11:11
    Rob

I would appreciate if someone could assist with the above.

• Matt 353 posts 825 karma points
    Apr 02, 2019 @ 11:20
    Matt

Did you try to re build the models builder?

Apr 02, 2019 @ 11:27
    Rob

Hi Matt,

You mean reload the models?

Yes, I tried that 2 or 3 times so far. Doesn't change anything.

What is odd to me is that the main URL doesn't work but when I go to the landing page /home it works fine.

Apr 02, 2019 @ 14:03
    Alex Skrypnyk

Rob, maybe you see different pages on /hone and main URL?

Apr 02, 2019 @ 14:24
    Rob

Hi Alex,

It's the same page and content as the main URL is basically the home page

Apr 02, 2019 @ 19:50
    Rob

Any other suggestion Alex?

Apr 02, 2019 @ 22:15
    Alex Skrypnyk

Do you have some internal redirects in the project or something like that?

In any case, you can maybe just do not use strongly typed models. So get values like that:

var home = Model.Content.Site();
    var colorTheme = Umbraco.GetPreValueAsString(home.GetPropertyValue<int>("colorTheme"));
    var font = Umbraco.GetPreValueAsString(home.GetPropertyValue<int>("font"));

• Matt 353 posts 825 karma points
    Apr 02, 2019 @ 11:38
    Matt

I'm still learning Umbraco so I'm just going to throw some ideas out :)

Have you tried to republish the site?

Have you checked the logs in App_Data - Logs

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Apr 02, 2019 @ 14:22
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Rob,

Think SEOChecker is still in your model and it fails because of that. Sorry to hear you needed to uninstall. Sometimes the Umbracolog comes with a more detailed error description.

Best,

Richard

Apr 02, 2019 @ 14:25
    Rob

Hi Richard,

I wasn't aware that it is a commercial package. I run the website for my wife more as a hobby so no need to pay for a license.

Could you let me know where your package normally stores any kind of files?

I was pretty sure I removed all files from the server. But you might be right and I missed a few?

Apr 02, 2019 @ 14:30
    Richard Soeteman

All in the /bin folder I assume those are gone?

Apr 02, 2019 @ 14:41
    Rob

No files in the /bin folder which contain SEOChecker in the name.

But in the back-end, I can still see the button for the dashboard below my forms button?

Apr 02, 2019 @ 14:47
    Richard Soeteman

That is because it ist still in applications.config also in trees.config file but that doesn't do anything.

Apr 02, 2019 @ 15:28
    Rob

And the dashboard.config

;)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft