This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ahmed Heasat 10 posts 90 karma points
    Apr 01, 2019 @ 09:51
    Ahmed Heasat

How to use a node for multiple parents Umbraco 8

Hello,

I need to know how to use a node for multiple parents,

Ex: let's assume we have a node X , and two parents parent1 and parent2

I want node X to be under parent1 and parent2 at the same time without the duplication of node X.

Note that I want another solution rather than "Multinode Treepicker", because I have large amount of nodes (News website) .

Please Advice for the best practices.

Thanks

• Hundebol 167 posts 314 karma points
    Apr 01, 2019 @ 12:24
    Hundebol

Hi Ahmed,

Why is it you want this?

Umbraco nodes are living in a tree structure like Windows Explorer. This means that your "node X" cannot live under two parent nodes without duplication.

But if your requirement is to put "node x" under different nodes because these nodes work like categories, then multinode treepicker on the categories would be the way to go. Or you could choose categories on "node x" and then filter on these categories on the parent nodes.

• Bryna 73 posts 259 karma points
    Apr 03, 2019 @ 15:50
    Bryna

I used to have to deal with something similar on a site before. If you are talking about this being related to a site menu, then the best thing to do is to duplicate node x to exist under parent1 and parent2. Then pick one node x to be your official page(eg parent1/nodex) and simply redirect the other one(eg parent2/nodex(1)) to parent1/nodex.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft