Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• AllieMc 1 post 71 karma points
    Apr 08, 2019 @ 07:42
    AllieMc

Dynamic Meta Title And Descriptions

I am wondering whether someone could point me in the right direction. I am working on a large scale web re-development - migrating to Umbraco. It is an e-commerce site with multiple product categories / sub-categories. We would like to create a number of meta description templates based on the sub-categories as the messaging needs to be different. Looking at documentation would this be handled by macros? So ideally the meta description would change depending on the product sub-category they belonged to. Or is there an alternative method which is preferable?

• Bryna 73 posts 259 karma points
    Apr 08, 2019 @ 16:33
    Bryna

If you are able to look at the sample site that comes with Umbraco[maybe you have to install it?], it has some great ideas for this. I think it has a compositions folder with a Document Type of MetaData. So long as this is on all of your webpages[or document types that behave like webpages], you should be able to get those properties on your masterpage template(the one that calls RenderBody). Of course, if you have types that don't utilize metaData, then your masterpage will have to check for the existence of the property to avoid the annoying object not set to instance of object errors.

Hope this gets you on the right path!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft