Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    May 11, 2019 @ 22:02
    Craig100

RelatedLinks2 missing in upgraded site

Umb 7.14.0 upgraded from 7.3.8

Having upgraded apparently successfully, the Umbraco.RelatedLinks Datatype is now marked as (Obsolete). I want to create a new version that just picks a single item. I don't see RelatedLinks nor RelatedLinks2 in the available DataTypes list when creating a new one. I'm just wondering what's happened to them as I'm stuffed without either.

I've copied a fresh set of Umbraco and UmbracoClient files over from zip but still no RelatedLinks. I have two RTE's in the list though which is strange as one is actually empty :(

Does anyone have any idea where to look to sort it out?

Thanks,

Craig

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 11, 2019 @ 23:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Craig

I'm wondering if setting the <showDeprecatedPropertyEditors> in the umbracoSettings.config file to true will help any? At least you should be able to see the obsolete property editors in the developer section under "Datatypes".

I've found this in the documentation here https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Reference/Config/umbracoSettings/#obsolete-data-types

/Jan

May 12, 2019 @ 00:03
    Craig100

Hi Jan,

Thanks for that. It got me all the obsolete DataTypes, which is good as that's what the whole site was built with. But, it doesn't get me the new RelatedLinks2 DataType. Not sure if I actually need it right now but it's just worrying it's gone AWOL.

Thanks again,

Craig

May 13, 2019 @ 23:32
    Craig100

In conclusion, although I'd done things like restarting the site, restarting the app pool, re-built, re-indexed, etc. When I started up the machine the next day, the RelatedLinks2 suddenly appeared in the DataType list. Just one of those Windows things, I guess.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 14, 2019 @ 05:19
    Jan Skovgaard

Good to hear you're now able to see the property editor - I assume you also tried bumping the clientdependencyconfig file to clear the backoffice caching? Not that it matters now - Just curious :)

/Jan

May 14, 2019 @ 07:41
    Craig100

To be honest you could be right there. I didn't bump the clientdependency number during the upgrade. But it was bumped during the work I was doing after the restart. So maybe that was it! Certainly one to remember.

Thanks Jan

• Chris Mahoney 235 posts 447 karma points
    Feb 23, 2021 @ 01:06
    Chris Mahoney

I realise that this is a couple of years old, but it's the first hit in Google.

There's something odd about RelatedLinks2. A fresh install of 7.15.6 without a starter kit has a pre-configured Related Links data type using RelatedLinks2. However, if you try to create a new data type then RelatedLinks2 doesn't show up in the list of available property editors.

By extension, if you upgrade an earlier site to 7.15.6 then you don't get the option through the UI to switch your existing data type over to RelatedLinks2. The only way I could find to do it was to update cmsDataType in the database and change it over to RelatedLinks2 from there.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft