Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jay Crowe 42 posts 173 karma points
    May 13, 2019 @ 21:58
    Jay Crowe

Nested Content as Macro Parameter

Hi,

I have created a parameter type for nested content data types and it seems to be working fine. I am then struggling to actually get at the data from the nested content.

I can get nested content like: var images = Model.MacroParameters["Images"];

But I am then struggling to loop round each one and display the data.

Has anyone done this before?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Jay

This is the data I get: [{"key":"0c189c8d-7d34-4996-88c4-0a7feb61851c","name":"Item 1","ncContentTypeAlias":"imageComposition","imageTitle":"Cumbrialife Food & Drink Awards","imageText":"Drinks producer of the year - finalist","image":"umb://media/af31ed4755da4948bde1f4aa1a949546"},{"key":"8066dfde-f97f-4412-9b1f-e022ddc4275e","name":"Item 2","ncContentTypeAlias":"imageComposition","imageTitle":"TEST","imageText":"TEST","image":"umb://media/af31ed4755da4948bde1f4aa1a949546"}]

• Bojan 16 posts 131 karma points
    Jun 05, 2019 @ 19:35
    Bojan

I had the same situation.

Once I enabled Nested Content for use in Macro parameter type (using https://github.com/skttl/ParameterEditorGenerator), I couldn't use Model.GetParameterValue<IEnumerable<IPublishedContent>>("paramAlias") as it will always return null. This method doesn't support nonstandard macro data types like Nested Content.

I had to manually convert data sourse (JSON) using JsonConvert:

var accordionItemsSource = Model.MacroParameters["accordionItems"] as string;
    var accordionItems = JsonConvert.DeserializeObject<List<dynamic>>(accordionItemsSource);

NestedContentPropertyValueConverters doesn't work here automatically, but I guess it works only with published content.

Here I found these embedded property converters that maybe can be used for conversion to IPublishedContent or IEnumerable

• Jay Crowe 42 posts 173 karma points
    Jun 07, 2019 @ 06:47
    Jay Crowe

Hi Bojan,

Thank you for your reply. That's exactly what I ended up doing was converting the json to a model I could use.

Thank you for letting me know about the property converters. They look really useful so will have to give them a go.

Cheers, Jay

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft