Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James Dimmer 12 posts 155 karma points
    May 15, 2019 @ 15:19
    James Dimmer

How to have multiple images floated with text wrapping via the RTE

Hi,

I am currently trying to use the RTE in a manner which will allow for an image floated to the left and some text wrapping on the right, and then another image below with more text wrapping on the right of that one.

The issue I am running into is figuring out how to have the second set of text wrap around the second image. The best I have been able to achieve is that it will just sit below the text of the first image.

The current implementation can be seen here: enter image description here

The images have been added to the RTE on separate lines to the text and then left aligned (being rendered as "float: left").

Ideally here I want the first image to have the text on the right starting from "Common signs..." and finishing at "...aut in hostem". Then to have the second image below that and the text on the right starting from "What parts of the body..." and finishing at "...especially around these areas". Finally to have the text starting "As many as 12,000..." start below the second image.

Any suggestions on what I can do here within the RTE and the HTML rendered by the template? Suggestions on other approaches are welcomed as well.

Thanks, James

• Claushingebjerg 936 posts 2571 karma points
    May 16, 2019 @ 08:44
    Claushingebjerg

Your site is down at the moment, but i dont think that will make much difference to my answer.

The rich text editor is not suitable for pretty much any kind of layout. It can really only be used for "Rich Text".

For layout you should be looking into "The Grid" or possibly "Nested Content". If you're still on v7 i can recommend the "Stacked content" package

• James Dimmer 12 posts 155 karma points
    May 20, 2019 @ 09:22
    James Dimmer

Thanks for your suggestion, we've now approached this again with using "The Grid" to create the content here and it works much better!

• Claushingebjerg 936 posts 2571 karma points
    May 20, 2019 @ 09:25
    Claushingebjerg

Glad i could help :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft