Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dejan Stojanovic 12 posts 51 karma points
    May 15, 2019 @ 16:50
    Dejan Stojanovic

Reading Custom Media Image property throws System.ArgumentException

I created custom Image in media which has some addition crop settings. I called this media type ArticleImage.

Now when I try to read it in a partial view I am getting System.ArgumentException with the following message

The value "Umbraco.Web.PublishedModels.ArticleImage" is not of type "Umbraco.Web.PublishedModels.Image" and cannot be used in this generic collection. Parameter name: value

I tried using

@inherits Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoViewPage<dynamic> 

instead of default

@inherits Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoViewPage

but I am still getting the same exception, like there is something wrong with Umbraco8 and custom media image type.

Any idea how to resolve this?

• Claushingebjerg 936 posts 2571 karma points
    May 16, 2019 @ 12:23
    Claushingebjerg

what does your media type look like, and how are you trying to output it?

• Dejan Stojanovic 12 posts 51 karma points
    May 16, 2019 @ 16:02
    Dejan Stojanovic

Hi,

Here is how the media type and the data type look like Custom Image Media type

and the data type used for umbracoFile property enter image description here

I am accessing it with an extension method I wrote

public static String GetImageCropUrl(this IPublishedContent content, String propertyAlias, String cropAlias)
            {
                if (content.HasProperty(propertyAlias))
                {
                    var umbHelper = Umbraco.Web.Composing.Current.UmbracoHelper;
                    var propValue = content.GetProperty(propertyAlias).GetSourceValue();
                    var media = umbHelper.Media(propValue);
                    return media?.GetCropUrl(cropAlias);
                }
                return null;
            }

public static String GetImageUrl(this IPublishedContent content, String propertyAlias)
            {
                if (content.HasProperty(propertyAlias))
                {
                    var umbHelper = Umbraco.Web.Composing.Current.UmbracoHelper;
                    var propValue = content.GetProperty(propertyAlias).GetSourceValue();
                    return umbHelper.Media(propValue)?.Url;
                }
                return null;
            }

I am getting exception in views where I am not eve trying to get the image crop path with extension method. For example I have document type Article which has a property of MediaPicker which is set to only pick ArtcleImage media and when I loop through children of parent of Artcle document I am getting the exception I mentioned above

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft