Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marc Roberts 2 posts 73 karma points
    Jun 28, 2019 @ 20:17
    Marc Roberts

Vary doctype or template by culture

Hi!

I have culture-based content in the UK and the US. The US is a newer region for us, and the designers have produced a layout much more updated than our UK version.

I'm looking to have the same "page" but varied by doctype (or at least template) in different cultures, i.e.:

site.com/landing <= doctype:landinglegacy, template:landinglegacy site.com/us/landing <= doctype:landing, template:landing

I'm aware I could do some big if statements in my template, and have a bunch of properties on the doctype that are only used in one or the other template, but ideally I'd switch to the different culture and create the node but with a different doctype and template.

If I try to create US content with a different doctype, the existing content (UK) shows up unpublished in the US culture, and when I create a new node with the new doctype, I get an error telling me I'll have clashing URLs.

If I try to merge the doctype but select a different template in the US culture, it changes the template for both cultures.

Anyone have any tips on how they've handled this before?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft