Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carter 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jul 09, 2019 @ 19:43
    Carter

First thing, I don't know anything about umbraco. We hired a company and they decided to use it. We just told them it had to be asp. I don't know razor either. Great start right.

Anyways after learning a bit of the basic I figured out some but I cannot figure out if I can do what I am trying. I want to have a split layout picked that they gave up and add a CTA on some pages. i don't want to have to hand code the CTAs. Is there a way to eject components into the layout?

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Jul 09, 2019 @ 20:18
    Amir Khan

You should look into the grid: https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Getting-Started/Backoffice/Property-Editors/Built-in-Property-Editors/Grid-Layout/

You're going to have to hand code some things though regardless to get the grid to render on the front end but it comes with a handful of default widgets (grid editors) and you can write custom ones or download some packages that are available.

• Carter 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jul 10, 2019 @ 19:59
    Carter

Thanks Amir, I am still a little lost. Basically I want to have a two column layout template and then put a component on the one side. I don't want the component to be hard coded to the template so I can use it else where and use the template else where. Can Umbraco do that?

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Jul 10, 2019 @ 20:16
    Amir Khan

Yep! The grid is basically a WYSIWYG layout builder. No hard coding on the editor side, you just have to write some code to render the grid in your template. Give that link i sent a good read.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft