Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mikkel 143 posts 365 karma points
    Jul 22, 2019 @ 19:34
    mikkel

Why cant i output fontawesome icon

Hi every one. i use umbraco 8 the newest version. I have made a page showing 3 different topics, each with their own icon. I would like to be able to replace the icon if necessary.

I have made the document type with a text string where I can insert the fontawesome icon code <i class="fas fa-desktop"></i>, but when I have to show it in front then nothing comes. What do i do wrong

Heres is my code

var selection3 =   Umbraco.Content(Guid.Parse("99c1f202-0f34-4cca-8bc8-2376752fd158")).Children().Where(x => x.IsVisible()).OrderByDescending(x => x.CreateDate);

@foreach (var item in selection3)
                    {
                        <div class="col-md-4 services-box">
                            <span class="fa-stack fa-4x">

<i class="fa @item.Value("fontawesomeIkon").ToString();"></i>
                            </span>
                            <h4 class="service-heading">@item.Name</h4>
                            <p class="text-muted">@Model.Value("serviceTeaser")</p>
                            <a class="btn btn-block btn-laes-mere" href="@item.Url">Læs mere</a>
                        </div>
                    }

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Jul 22, 2019 @ 22:00
    Amir Khan

What's actually being rendered on the front end with that code?

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Jul 22, 2019 @ 23:15
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Mikkel

Further to Amir's good suggestion, have you checked the font awesome font is loading correctly in the page, ie you are calling the CDN, or your local CSS references are correct ?

Cheers

Nigel

• Søren Mastrup 122 posts 563 karma points c-trib
    Jul 23, 2019 @ 05:02
    Søren Mastrup

Could it be your closing ; after ToString()?

Since you are outputting, I would assume your class is looking like this: class=“fa fa-desktop;”

Try removing the closing ;

Jul 23, 2019 @ 05:27
    mikkel

I have try to hardcode it in and that works fine. but when I try the other way it doesn't work. I dont have Any problem in umbraco 7 but in umbraco 8 i dont work 😃

Jul 23, 2019 @ 06:46
    mikkel

I have solved y problem. in the foreach loop i was using @Model.Value("fontawesomeIkon").ToString(); I had to use

@item.FontawesomeIkon  fa-circle fa-stack-2x text-primary

So my foreach loop look like this now. I also had to make a variable myself so I got hold of the other document types var selection4 = Model.FirstChild<MlpWebServices>().Children<Ydelse>();

var selection4 = Model.FirstChild<MlpWebServices>().Children<Ydelse>();
        @foreach (var item in selection4)
                {
                    <div class="col-md-4 services-box">
                        <span class="fa-stack fa-4x">

<i class="@item.FontawesomeIkon  fa-circle fa-stack-2x text-primary"></i>
                        </span>
                        <h4 class="service-heading">@item.Name</h4>
                        <p class="text-muted">@item.Value("serviceTeaser").ToString();</p>
                        <a class="btn btn-block btn-laes-mere" href="@item.Url">Læs mere</a>
                    </div>
                }

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft