Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
I'm in the process of migrating to Umbraco 8 from 7. So far I have the site running as it works today. Great success! Now I would like to incorporate the sweet new features, like Language Variants.
In preparing for that, I would like to make sure the current nodes have the correct culture. But Umbraco is making some kind of Culture mix-up with my content nodes. I have set the hostname/cultures of every current root node. But this is not inherited as I would expect to each child node.
I have four languages: Danish (default), English, Norwegian and Swedish.
The first node ("DA") is set like this:
... and so on with the other root nodes.
However, when looking at the URLs given to the root nodes, they now have two cultures (except English).
And even more frustrating is that the child nodes seem unaffected by the culture settings. E.g. the first node in Danish have the following URL and culture:
This current situation seem to be a problem when enabling Language Variants because the site believe my Danish content is English.
Any help to fix this is much appreciated!
Turns out this is a combination of problems... #h5yr to Umbraco Support :)
First of all: I realized had not followed these steps 100%: https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Tutorials/Creating-Basic-Site/Adding-Language-Variants #h5is
Second problem: I am migrating from a V7 multilanguage site which is very different from V8's language variants. I have posted a request for Umbraco HQ to document what to do in this situation. https://github.com/umbraco/UmbracoDocs/issues/1803
Third: Simultaneously, I ran into some IIS issues on my local machine, preventing me from transferring changes to and from Umbraco Cloud.
So... I found this https://dilbert.com/strip/2011-05-16, call it a day and prepare for a huge copy/paste job after I make a fresh clone of the dev environment.
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted