Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeffrey Weinstein 67 posts 313 karma points
    Aug 25, 2019 @ 11:41
    Jeffrey Weinstein

Hi, when I'm running an eCommerce site I have a lot of buttons like "add to the cart", and this is not property on a product level, its more property of the website itself.

Now I need to make it multilingual, can anyone tell me what is the best way to do that?

I familiarized myself with a language variants in V8, which are great but they are not working for this out of the box I think.

Cheers, Vojta

• Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com 354 posts 1638 karma points
    Aug 25, 2019 @ 13:35
    Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com

Hi,

You can use Dictionary for these type of label. Dictionary is available in translation section and will show label based on your selected language.

By default, Translation section is not visible in Umbraco 8. You have to add translation section to the user group you want to have access to the section (go to the users section click on groups in the top right-hand corner).

When you enable it you should see Translations across the top, and the dictionary section is in there.

In Razor, you can use following code to fetch DictionaryValue. var dictionary = Umbraco.GetDictionaryValue("testing");

Regards,

Shaishav

• Jeffrey Weinstein 67 posts 313 karma points
    Aug 29, 2019 @ 19:17
    Jeffrey Weinstein

yeah, that helps. Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft