Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James 5 posts 75 karma points
    Aug 27, 2019 @ 11:53
    James

Cannot save Dictionary Items (Maybe upgrade related?)

Hi, I have an Umbraco website that was recently upgraded from V7.4.2 to V7.4.3

When trying to add and save a dictionary item I get the following error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

And the stacktrace:

> NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    >   Umbraco.Core.Strings.DefaultShortStringHelper.InitializeLegacyUrlReplaceCharacters() +34
    >   Umbraco.Core.Strings.DefaultShortStringHelper..ctor() +99
    >   jumps.umbraco.usync.SyncDictionary.SaveToDisk(DictionaryItem item) +34
    >   jumps.umbraco.usync.SyncDictionary.DictionaryItem_Saving(DictionaryItem sender, EventArgs e) +25
    >   umbraco.cms.businesslogic.DictionaryItem.OnSaving(EventArgs e) +22
    >   umbraco.cms.businesslogic.DictionaryItem.Save() +21
    >   umbraco.cms.businesslogic.DictionaryItem.setValue(Int32 languageId, String value) +95
    >   umbraco.settings.EditDictionaryItem.save_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +178
    >   System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +116
    >   System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +106
    >   System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +12
    >   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +15
    >   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +9883878
    >   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1639

I am not sure when the dictionary items were last added and/or saved so cannot be certain that this is only the case since the upgrade was done.

All other articles / document types etc save with no problems.

• Dictionary items can be added, but not saved.
    • Refreshing the parent node will show new dictionary items excluding saved content.
    • Existing dictionary items cannot be saved either.

I am just looking for a little push in the right direction as to what might be causing this and how I might go about debugging it?

Thanks, James

• Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com 354 posts 1638 karma points
    Aug 27, 2019 @ 23:45
    Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com

Hi James,

You have usync plugin installed. So, can you try disabling usync plugin and then see if the issue gets fixed. So, that we can isolate the problem that is it plugin related or umbraco upgrade.

Regards,

Shaishav

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft