Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• pespes 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jul 24, 2010 @ 16:35
    pespes

Wordpress theme? Howto?

HI,

I'd like to implement wordpress theme into my umbraco installation.

How can I convert all the php files into master and the under it?

I'd like to use theme "arthemia" and it's quite complicated - I need magazine style.

Thank you!
    pespes

• Lee Kelleher 4022 posts 15810 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jul 24, 2010 @ 17:55
    Lee Kelleher

Hi pespes, welcome to Umbraco!

The Arthemia theme is quite nice, I can see why you like it!

http://michaelhutagalung.com/arthemia/

There isn't a direct way to convert a WordPress theme over to Umbraco - as they are completely different technologies, content structures, templating system, etc.

How competent are you with HTML and CSS? (and/or PHP / ASP.NET?)  If not, then it will be a struggle to convert the theme to Umbraco. You'd probably want to pay a developer to convert it for you (I'm in no way forcing you down that route - but do think that will save you a LOT of time and stress!)

If you want to do it yourself, you have 2 options...

1. Understand how the WordPress/PHP theme files are constructed and port them across to ASP.NET (Master Pages).
    2. If you don't know PHP, then get the rendered HTML and CSS (from the theme's demo link above) - and use that for the ASP.NET (Master Pages).

I wont lie, if you aren't too confident with either PHP or ASP.NET - then you'll have a steep learning curve ahead of you.

Let us know how you get on.

Good luck, Lee.

• pespes 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jul 24, 2010 @ 19:24
    pespes

Hi Lee,

thank you very much!
    I'm not an expert but I've learned something in the past and built something very small. I'll try to rewrite it at least a bit, I hope I'll get something from that..!I was using MWPSK and now I'd like to try Umbraco and need to migrate the posts and I actually don't now too so I'll play with the theme first ;)

I wondered if there's not a tool ;)

Ok, if a kind of "arthemia" will be "produced" by me, I'll let you know.

pespes

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft