Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eric Warren 48 posts 68 karma points
    Aug 04, 2010 @ 04:16
    Eric Warren

Document Type That add a set of Document types?

I was wondering if some one could point me in the right direction on where to start this project.  I am wanting to create a Doc Type that add a set of new document  types.  So  I have a rotating banner that I want to be able to go to the contentsection and select add new banner and it populates ( image picker, and Content picker ) and populate code for the banner. And you can do this up to five times.   I know this will probably have to be done with C# and some other programming.  I just wonder if someone has already done this and if they could point me in the right direction.

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Aug 04, 2010 @ 04:45
    Aaron Powell

Do you mean that you're automatically get the children created? If so then you'll probably have to custom code it. I haven't seen a project which does this for you (it'd be a bit tricky to handle with the config).

Here's a sample event handler for you though:

void Document_New(Document sender, NewEventArgs e) {
        string alias = sender.ContentType.Alias;
        if(alias == "MyType") {
            Document.MakeNew("Tabs", DocumentType.GetByAlias("Page Tab Container"), u, sender.Id);
            Document.MakeNew("Download Items", DocumentType.GetByAlias("Container"), u, sender.Id);
            Document.MakeNew("News Ticker", DocumentType.GetByAlias("Container"), u, sender.Id);
        }
    }
  • Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Aug 05, 2010 @ 13:08
    Tim

Does it need to be a document type? If it's just up to fove sets of banner code you're after, you caould have a look at the repeatable content plugin: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/ourumb-dev-forum/features/3824-repeatable-content-data-type that allows you to set up a mini-doctype that doesn't have any actual page associated with it (which I assume you wouldn't for a banner) and you can limit the number of times it can be added.

• Eric Warren 48 posts 68 karma points
    Aug 05, 2010 @ 13:40
    Eric Warren

Thanks Guys,  I think i have a good place to start.  Thanks for you Help

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft