Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lachlann 344 posts 626 karma points
    Aug 10, 2010 @ 22:12
    Lachlann

Generic Properties tab not showing

Hello.

I am having a nasty time.

for some reason Umbraco has stopped showing anything under the generic properties for my basic page  document type

when i click on the generic properties tab I get nothing. The properties were there a minute ago but after i tried to update the umbraco config to use the old schema they have dissapeared.

umbraco v 4.5.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.3858.40498)

please help me!

• Lachlann 344 posts 626 karma points
    Aug 10, 2010 @ 22:14
    Lachlann

Okay, problem seems to be fixed by touching the web.config not sure if that is the right term? i basiclly renamed the web config file then tried to refresh the site then when it broke i renamed it back again.

weird.

• Mattias Jonsson 11 posts 31 karma points
    Sep 21, 2011 @ 12:58
    Mattias Jonsson

Thanks a lot for your post. I had the same problem, and solved it using your solution. I wonder if it has anything to do with changing the web.config file. Before this happened I changed the connection string in web.config. Everything worked like a charm, Except for Structure and Generic Properties being empty when trying to modify a document type. But renaming it, making the site crash, and naming it back solved the problem. Very weird! 

Thanks!

• Aximili 177 posts 278 karma points
    Mar 27, 2012 @ 07:36
    Aximili

Thanks for posting the solution! I just had the same problem

• Chris Sprague 11 posts 31 karma points
    Sep 14, 2012 @ 14:47
    Chris Sprague

Changing the web.config file generally causes the application to restart, So Lord only know what really caused this problem. All you can really say is that it was tied to the state of the application prior to restarting.

(I just had this problem, as well.)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft